Management Systems in Aviation (incl. Safety and Quality Systems)
Management Systems in Aviation
20.10. – 23.10.2020
- Safety Managers
- Compliance Monitoring Managers / Quality Managers
- Accountable Managers, Nominated Persons and other managing staff from operators, Training organisations, Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations, Maintenance Organisations, National Authorities
- Introduction to Management Systems
- Documentation of Management Systems
- Standards related to Quality Management
- Rule Makers in Aviation
- Requirements to Quality Systems, Safety Management Systems & Management Systems in Aviation
- Introduction to Safety & Risk-Management
- Content of an Organisation Management Manual OMM
Beside to the theoretical topics mentioned above, a further main focus is set on a practical approach how to establish and document a tailor-made documentation in compliance with organisational requirements e. g. such as Part-ORO, Part-ORA, etc. An example “Organisation Management Manual OMM” will be discussed including relevant and helpful tools for the practical implementation are.
The course aims to fulfil the following pedagogical objectives:
This course introduces the Commission Regulations and Acceptable Means of Compliance / Guidance Material regarding “Organisation Requirements Operations”, “Organisation Requirements Aircrew”, “Part M” and “Part 145” with special focus on Management Systems / Safety Management Systems / Compliance Monitoring Systems / Quality-Systems and their interrelation.
In addition to theoretical background, the participants will be provided with useful and practical tools and examples, which will be discussed. This to illustrate and explain how the relevant requirements can be successfully, effectively and efficiently implemented by means of an Organisation Management Manual.
Participants should contribute to the course with their professional experience as much as possible. They will gain the know-ledge to establish, maintain and further develop their own Management System, Safety Management System and / or Compliance Monitoring System.
- Strategic orientation of quality concept
- Introduction to management systems and process management
- Introduction to quality and safety management
- Overview of Quality and Safety Management relevant standards and law (ISO 9001, relevant Commission Regulations incl. AMC / GM, ICAO Doc 9859)
- Interpretation of those requirements relevant to Quality Systems / Compliance Monitoring Systems, Safety Management Systems and Management Systems in general
- Workshops consisting of discussions about a lean structure of an effective and compliant Organisation Management Manual including Safety Management and Compliance Monitoring
- Effective tools, which were well validated in practise, will be provided on USB-Stick
The regulatory basis of the course will be tailored to the participants but usually consider:
- Basic Regulation
- Continuing airworthiness
- Air operations
- ICAO Doc 9859 Safety Management Manual (SMM)